What role can incentives play in motivation enhancement?
Incentives can go a long way in making agents feel valued and part of a winning team. Incentives come in many forms:
- Sales Incentives: Give your agents a commission for closing sales or achieving other business successes.
- Bonuses: Whether cash, gift cards or prizes, bonuses recognize agents who have reached a performance, attendance, job-anniversary date or other critical milestone.
- Contests: Sales organizations often use contests to reward individuals who meet specific performance goals. The approach works just as well in a call center.
- Intangible Rewards: Agents who meet minor performance goals can be rewarded with time for playing computer games, an extended lunch break or a preferred parking space.
- Promotions: A prestigious job title like “Senior Support Agent” costs nothing yet tells the individual that their experience and performance is valued by the organization.
- Career Guidance: Besides a better job title, top performers should be rewarded with career track incentives, such as additional training opportunities and work responsibilities. These actions will assure your highfliers that their productivity is leading them toward greater opportunities within the organization.
Incentives aren’t the only way of motivating agents, but they’re powerful tools that when carefully applied can be used to build a more productive work force.